Why Choose Local Pastured Poultry?
Pastured poultry simply tastes better!
By choosing to buy local pastured poultry, you can have a say in how your food is produced, with the transparency that everyone deserves. That's why we do what we do, because there's a need for food systems that support this planet and your well-being, not destroy it. We move our chickens to fresh green grass every day and feed them a regionally-sourced organic feed to supplement their diet of grass, weeds and insects. They are able to express their natural instincts of foraging and scratching the ground, while depositing their nutrient rich manure on to the pasture. This builds our top soil, sanitizes the fields, and sequesters more carbon from the atmosphere that's then stored in the ground. Its good for us, good for the birds, good for environment.
Fresh Pastured Broiler Chickens
A plump, delicious, pastured broiler chicken is the perfect, easy family feast. Combine it with a roasting kit from our gardens for a healthy, whole-farm supper, with plenty of leftovers! Whole frozen broiler chickens are now available for on-farm purchase! whole chickens are $6/lb and weigh 4-6 lbs. Please call or text
970-980-1966 to schedule a time to pick up!
2022 Pastured Poultry Flock Membership
By purchasing a Flock Share from OwlTree Farm, you are directly supporting our small regenerative farm. As a member, you will receive monthly chickens direct from our farm.
Seasonal shares starting at $195/season.
A pasture-raised turkey from OwlTree Farm will be the star of the table at your holiday celebration. Sure to be the freshest, most flavorful turkey you've ever tasted!
Click the link below to order your turkey.
**We are currently at capacity for Turkey Orders. However, if you would like to be added to our wait list, please fill out the Pre-Order Form and we will notify you if or when a Turkey becomes available. Thank you!
Pastured / Organic Fed / Humanely Harvested / Broiler Chickens and Turkeys
All of our poultry is fed regionally sourced grains (organic when possible), rotationally grazed, and processed on the farm in the open air. All birds are processed to order -- we are selling live birds that we’ll gladly process for free. We ask that everyone schedule a pickup time and pick up their birds on harvest day, this helps us streamline our operations and make sure we can make the most of our equipment rental. There will be 1 broiler harvest in June and one in September. Picking up your order on harvest day guarantees that you receive the absolute freshest product possible.
Pastured Broiler Chickens-- Our Pastured Broiler chickens are moved to fresh pasture daily! The flavor, texture, and freshness of these birds is unparalleled. Pastured chicken is higher in Omega 3s and other nutrients than conventionally raised. We use regionally sourced feed to supplement their diet of bugs, weeds and grass.
Pastured Poultry Flock Membership -- The Flock Share model is an incredibly important component of our small farm. It allows us to invest in tools, feed, and infrastructure improvements at a time when revenue would otherwise be slow. A mutually beneficial model, Flock Shares allow you guaranteed access to the freshest chicken, at a discounted rate.
Here’s how it works:
Flock-Share Membership Fee
A one-time fee of $5 is required to become a flock-share member by purchasing an interest in the OwlTree Farm poultry flock. This fee assists with our daily operating costs, managing the farm, and maintaining pastured, healthy birds.
The shareholder is responsible for a pasturing fee in order to board and feed their share of the flock, and for OwlTree Farm to provide the harvesting service for the shareholder. The pasturing fee is based on how many birds you are receiving per month.
Work trade for reduced share cost is available. Reach out to Brett to inquire about details and available opportunities.
Here’s how it works:
- 2 harvests planned this season, one in June, one in September (harvest days tentative and are subject to change depending on growth rates and weather). These dates are your opportunity to pick up your share fresh and unfrozen. If demand is great enough we may add a mid-season harvest
- 2, 3, or 4 chickens, per month for 4 months (depending on share/membership). PLEASE NOTE: Unless you pick up your birds on harvest day, birds will be frozen upon pick-up each month.
- Each chicken is approximately a $25 value (our birds retail for $6/lb, at an average weight of 4+lbs per bird). You pay a flat rate with the flock membership -- if the birds are over 5lbs, you pay no extra cost!
- 4 month seasonal share options ($5 of the total cost is your flock-membership fee)
- $325 // Large Share -- 4 Chickens per month ($20/chicken)
- $270 // Medium Share -- 3 Chickens per month ($22.08/Chicken)
- $195 // Small Share -- 2 Chickens per month ($23.75/Chicken)
- Worried about fitting all those birds in your fridge/freezer at once? Feel free to spread your pick up across multiple days/weeks each month!
- $150 non-refundable deposit due within 2 weeks of submitting this form, full payment due within 1 month of deposit received.
- Pick up your birds at OwlTree Farm (4605 E County Road 58, Fort Collins, CO 80524)
- Need more chickens? No problem! Whole, frozen birds are available any time outside of harvest days at your convenience.
*If you would like multiple shares please fill out this form for each share.
**If you are interested in shares larger than 4 birds per month, please reach out to Brett directly.
Pastured Turkeys -- (Only available late November) These are truly pastured, rotationally grazed turkeys! Unlike ‘faux free-range’ turkeys, ours are moved to fresh pasture every few days so they always have access to green forage. We require a non-refundable $50 deposit paid by cash, check, or PayPal by November 1st to reserve. This will be applied to the final cost of your purchase. Turkeys will range in size from approximately 15lbs to 20+lbs. We will do our best to accommodate any sizes you request. We are offering Broad Breasted Bronze Turkeys, a medium to large breed with a good balance of white to dark meat.
Price: $8/lb ($50 nonrefundable deposit)